101 Words of Wisdom, again
There are phrases that are often repeated that have information that make us wonder why we do things when we do them, and these are called words of wisdom. Here is a collection of such phrases in several categories that were gathered by the staff of this website for your interest. Some of them came from www.finestquotes.com. See the first set of One Hundred and One Words of Wisdom.
1. If you don’t know where you’re going, you will probably end up somewhere else.
2. Sometimes you just have to take the leap, and build your wings on the way down.
3. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.
4. It takes deep commitment to change and an even deeper commitment to grow.
5. Don’t resist change, contribute to it.
6. There is a difference between problem spotting and problem solving.
7. Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
8. Logic will get to from A to Z, but imagination will get you anywhere.
9. Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.
10. Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement. – Henry Ford
11. The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. – William James
12. View change as the one constant in your life. Welcome it, expect it and anticipate it.
13. Sometimes the best helping hand you can give is a good, firm push.
1. Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. – Robert Collier
2. The ultimate reason for setting goals is to entice you to become the person it takes to achieve them.
3. Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.
4. Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
5. Don’t set your goals too low. If you don’t need much, you won’t become much.
6. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
7. Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.
8. Perhaps the greatest weakness is not realizing your own power.
9. If you think you can do it, that’s confidence. If you do it, it’s competence.
10. Nine tenths of education is encouragement.
11. Accept responsibility for your own growth and progress.
12. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
13. A leader is anyone who can give you the direction and support you need.
14. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
15. You have not failed unless your quit trying.
16. When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
17. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. – Henry Ford
18. Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best – John Wooden
19. If you want to gather honey, don’t kick over the beehive. –Dale Carnegie
20. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail. –Vince Lombardi
21. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
22. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. – Les Brown
23. It takes time to succeed because success is merely the natural reward of taking time to do anything well. – Joseph Ross
24. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude. – Colin Powell
25. Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.- Conrad Hilton
26. Reading is a means of thinking with another person’s mind; it forces you to stretch your own.- Charles Scribner, Jr.
27. Obstacles are built into every opportunity. You have to be willing to work through them to succeed.
1. Love must be as much as light as it is flame.
2. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
3. The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost.
4. That which comes easily departs easily. That which comes of struggle remains.
5. Love is like the North Star. In a changing world, it is always constant.
6. A true man does not need to romance a different girl every night; a true man romances the same girl for the rest of her life – Ana Alas
7. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning its a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. – Bruce Lee
8. An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.- Mahatma Gandhi
9. Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope. – Josh Billings
10. If grass can grow through cement, love can find you anywhere.
1. Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first, the lesson afterwards.
2. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win to lose.
3. Our patience will achieve more than our force.
4. The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
5. Learn from yesterday. Live for today and hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning
6. The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. –John F. Kennedy
7. Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success. – Brian Adams
8. The future depends entirely on what each of us does with every day.
10. Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what it can be.
1. True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but their worth and value.
2. The best time to make friends is before you need them.
3. Goodness is the only investment that never fails.
4. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia
5. The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy.- Jim Rohn
6. Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.- Buddha
7. A good conversationalist is not one who remembers what was said, but says what someone wants to remember.
8. A friend asks only for your time not your money.
9. People will forget what you said and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
1. The only one who can tell you that you can is you, but you don’t have to listen.
2. There would be no one to frighten you if you refused to be afraid.
3. Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for. It is a thing to be achieved.
4. Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to make the sacrifice to make them come true.
5. To acquire knowledge, one must study, but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.
6. The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
7 The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
8. The more you want to get something done, the less you consider it work.
9. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
10. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep going.
11. Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.
12. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.
13. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
14. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
15. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. – Will Rogers
16. The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. – Albert Einstein
17. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
18. Anyone how thinks sunshine is happiness has never danced in the rain.
19. You never know what happiness a simple act of kindness will bring about.
20. A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
21. A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
22. When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
1. Repetition does not transform a lie into truth.
2. This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in. – Theodore Roosevelt.
3. The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
4. If you take advantage of everything America has to offer, there’s nothing you can’t accomplish.-Geraldine Ferraro
5. Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. –Adlai Stevenson
6. America is not merely a nation but a nation of nations. – Lyndon B. Johnson
7. If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. –Benjamin Franklin
8. America, for me, has been the pursuit and catching of happiness. – Aurora Raigne
9. Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.- Frank A Clark
10. I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true. –Wendell L. Wilkie
Learn 10 ways how you can harness the Power of Words with modern technology.